Living Within the Means God has Provided for you.

I have been a stay at home mom since 2003, although living on one fairly small income has been challenging, God has always provided for our family. With a Gross income of aproximately $20,000 we own our own home, actually have two running vehicles and want for very little. Lots of people complain about not having enough money to pay their bills. I have a hard time understanding why. On a monthly basis, we make a mere $1, 356, I had no clue til recently how low that really was. Its funny, but being Poor is more of a mentality than an actuality for most of us.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Homeschooling While Sick

Although not a totally frugal post, I wanted to share this to remember that its Okay to need to take a break.

I have a rare condition that right now is getting the better of me. Bug is home schooled.
Put those together and some days, you don't get much accomplished. Since Wednesday last week I have barely been able to get out of bed. I get up, do somethings and try my hardest to not fall back asleep while she is playing.

Children learn even when scheduled learning is not taking place. Bug is playing computer games, will be getting regular games that stimulate the mind, and is learning to care for a sick person. She is doing really well at all three tasks.

I do not need to send her to school because she isn't getting a total education at home, she is still getting a more complete education here and she is learning skills that will take her further in life.
No school can teach her how to care for the sick, no school can allow her to be happy all day and learn all the way til bedtime (homework that lasts well into the night DOES NOT COUNT as they don't remember much if any of it later)

No comments: