Living Within the Means God has Provided for you.

I have been a stay at home mom since 2003, although living on one fairly small income has been challenging, God has always provided for our family. With a Gross income of aproximately $20,000 we own our own home, actually have two running vehicles and want for very little. Lots of people complain about not having enough money to pay their bills. I have a hard time understanding why. On a monthly basis, we make a mere $1, 356, I had no clue til recently how low that really was. Its funny, but being Poor is more of a mentality than an actuality for most of us.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Valentines Day

Tomorrow is a very romantic Holiday.
How do you do it affordably? Now, I do not know if my husband plans on taking me out tomorrow because of my inability to stand and cook us a nice dinner (which is what we would typically do)

Last year though, we had Chicken Cordon Bleu, made by wrapping Chicken Tenders with strips of Swiss Cheese and ham, I buy the chicken tenders for $2 per pound or less, then I baked til done, about 45 minutes at 350.

We served with a side salad and rolls. For dessert, DH's favorite, imitation French Silk Pie.

I use cookie or graham cracker crust and mix Chocolate Pudding (instant made according to directions with 1 3/4 cups milk for a 4 serving package) I also mixed 1 package dream whip (generic, kroger brand) and combined the pudding and dream whip, comes out almost the perfect texture for French silk Pie.

Grand total expense, about $7 for both of us.

Now because I had complications from my surgery 2 weeks ago, I dont think I will be cooking this, but at the same time, its there if we need it. I will be recovering for about 2 months...so my posts will be kinda sporadic, Our expenses will be increased but not out of control.

No comments: