Living Within the Means God has Provided for you.

I have been a stay at home mom since 2003, although living on one fairly small income has been challenging, God has always provided for our family. With a Gross income of aproximately $20,000 we own our own home, actually have two running vehicles and want for very little. Lots of people complain about not having enough money to pay their bills. I have a hard time understanding why. On a monthly basis, we make a mere $1, 356, I had no clue til recently how low that really was. Its funny, but being Poor is more of a mentality than an actuality for most of us.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Smoothies

Its Hot, ok, its not really hot, but I am hot and I want something cold.

For next to nothing, I can fulfill that craving with a strawberry smoothie. I got a 4 pound bag of Frozen strawberries on clearance for $4.80, that will net me more than 10 smoothies, so about 48 cents
The yogurt, From Kroger's 39 cent sale, I use whatever I have, today, its going to be Vanilla Light
The Milk, I use about 6 ounces, you could eliminate this or use juice, or whatever you have on hand, I like the milk, because I don't drink much and I get it in that way, even at $3.19 a gallon, Which is a total rip off, but hey I didn't feel like running to yet one more store. We are looking at 20 cent.

Mix, together in blender, may add Ice to stretch it further. A grand total, $1.07 and I get enough smoothie for me and my 5 year old to share.

No comments: