Living Within the Means God has Provided for you.

I have been a stay at home mom since 2003, although living on one fairly small income has been challenging, God has always provided for our family. With a Gross income of aproximately $20,000 we own our own home, actually have two running vehicles and want for very little. Lots of people complain about not having enough money to pay their bills. I have a hard time understanding why. On a monthly basis, we make a mere $1, 356, I had no clue til recently how low that really was. Its funny, but being Poor is more of a mentality than an actuality for most of us.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Cindy's Porch

Shop at home is her motto. Dh loves her site as well because of how much learning to CHECK before we bought has helped us.

We have a grocery budget of only around $80 a month plus whatever DH gets in overtime in a month and how low I can keep the Electric and Gas bills as they are the only ones that move.
Every month, we print her Inventory lists and dig through the pantry, fridge, and freezers and make our lists. Last month I was so impressed since I actually had enough to make more than a weeks worth of meals just off of our stash at hand. I had forgotten most of that stuff was even there since the freezer had gotten buried with a laundry basket and forgotten about.

No comments: