Living Within the Means God has Provided for you.

I have been a stay at home mom since 2003, although living on one fairly small income has been challenging, God has always provided for our family. With a Gross income of aproximately $20,000 we own our own home, actually have two running vehicles and want for very little. Lots of people complain about not having enough money to pay their bills. I have a hard time understanding why. On a monthly basis, we make a mere $1, 356, I had no clue til recently how low that really was. Its funny, but being Poor is more of a mentality than an actuality for most of us.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Joyful Momma

While Highlighting the authors, bloggers, or websites that have blessed me by helping our journey, its time to highlight Joyful Momma.

I purchased a wonderful package that included some of Kimberly's work, I was very impressed. I actually met her through a weblist I no longer even read but I could so relate to her financial situation at the time. She had been through a lot with her husbands job and was asking for prayer. At this same time, the company my husband worked for decided that it was not in their best interest to pay their employees. We found a new job and Lost $2 an hour worth of income and all the overtime, after that job didn't last, my husband got a third job, at yet another $1 an hour pay cut. Now no matter where you live, pay cuts are not easy. We had Just bought our house that June and in 9 months went from making nearly $28,000 per year, to just over $20,000, I only wish that I had bought her book back then instead of waiting.

Thriving on One Income is one of the best books for those in need. It offers a good reality check as well as a lot of spiritual meat. She also has a book entitled Grow your Own Groceries which we already try to do, but now I have a lot more inspiration to keep trying, maybe one day my garden will actually produce enough to actually can (first I have to get it organized like she suggests)

No comments: