Living Within the Means God has Provided for you.

I have been a stay at home mom since 2003, although living on one fairly small income has been challenging, God has always provided for our family. With a Gross income of aproximately $20,000 we own our own home, actually have two running vehicles and want for very little. Lots of people complain about not having enough money to pay their bills. I have a hard time understanding why. On a monthly basis, we make a mere $1, 356, I had no clue til recently how low that really was. Its funny, but being Poor is more of a mentality than an actuality for most of us.

Monday, April 14, 2008

changes

We are changing our household diet.

Now I know many people eat naturally to begin with, but we...well, we didn't. My pantry was and to some extent still is, lined with pre-made things. Right now though the only real premade thing we have in that pantry is spaghetti sauce, most of the rest is now in ingredient form.

We have had some issues with Lauren's attitude, major issues. So we have decided to give a two week trial to eating Almost all of our meals at home from home cooking.

So far we had spaghetti and no troubles with the attitude, Tonight we had polish sausage and macaroni and cheese (the last of the from a box macaroni and cheese) and no attitude issues today either...I am wondering now since we still ate somewhat processed foods if its not the processed foods that were getting the better of her but something else.

Tomorrow we are trying a new casserole, basically a mexican lasagna in the crockpot while I am at Physical Therapy. Wednesday We are having Chicken tenders, Salad and probably rolls. Thursday is our unhealthy day, I will pick up Rallys after physical Therapy. Friday, we will be having Roast Beef sandwiches with au jus, homemade though. Saturday we will likely have something easy, but I haven't planned that far in advance. If I cook most of our meals I think we have a great shot at the attitude going away and me losing weight. I was down 6lbs 2 days ago, from the beginning of March, however the scale doesn't seem to like me on a daily basis and sometimes it goes right back to where it started, its so depressing.

No comments: