Living Within the Means God has Provided for you.

I have been a stay at home mom since 2003, although living on one fairly small income has been challenging, God has always provided for our family. With a Gross income of aproximately $20,000 we own our own home, actually have two running vehicles and want for very little. Lots of people complain about not having enough money to pay their bills. I have a hard time understanding why. On a monthly basis, we make a mere $1, 356, I had no clue til recently how low that really was. Its funny, but being Poor is more of a mentality than an actuality for most of us.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Stick with it

Yesterday we had a reality check.
Chris was put down to 4 days per week for a while, we don't know how long but for a while.

I had already made a menu plan for the week, but I have had such a hard time sticking with it.
This time we have NO choice but to stick with it.

For breakfasts we will be having
Cinnamon rolls
Yogurt and fruit (twice)
Eggs and toast
Cottage Cheese and Peach
Cereal and milk
Pancakes and Sausage

Lunches will be
Chicken Salad on lettuce
Chicken salad with fruit
Spaghetti Leftovers (I always have leftovers)
Tuna salad on Lettuce
Chili and baked potatoes
and a leftover day

Dinners,
Sunday we are having Ham cooked in the crockpot, Hashbrown casserole, and steamed broccoli

Monday, Chicken Quesadillas, Black beans and Corn (maybe a salad)

Tuesday Spaghetti and Meatballs the sauce recipe is my grandpa's, it makes a LOT of sauce, I am also making the meatballs out of a combination of Buffalo burger, Ground Beef and Spicy Italian sausage) We will get a minimum of 3 meals out of this. Salad and Garlic Bread. (I will make the sauce and meatballs on Monday and just reheat after therapy)

Wednesday, Bratwurst, Buns, homemade Potatoe wedges, and more steamed broccoli (gotta love fresh veggies)

Thursday, Crockpot day, try something new. We hare having Ham and Potato Casserole from Dining on a dime and Garlicky Green Beans will be thrown togther when I get home from Therapy

Friday, I am being lazy. We are having Nachos with the leftover chili from lunch and basic toppings to go with it.

Saturday we will kill off the leftover chili with taco salad and twice baked potatoes.

Now I just have to be DETERMINED to Stick to it.

No comments: