Living Within the Means God has Provided for you.

I have been a stay at home mom since 2003, although living on one fairly small income has been challenging, God has always provided for our family. With a Gross income of aproximately $20,000 we own our own home, actually have two running vehicles and want for very little. Lots of people complain about not having enough money to pay their bills. I have a hard time understanding why. On a monthly basis, we make a mere $1, 356, I had no clue til recently how low that really was. Its funny, but being Poor is more of a mentality than an actuality for most of us.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Menu Plan Monday #3


Aiming for a High Protein diet like I was instructed to this past Monday is a LOT harder than I thought it would be.

Monday-White Chicken Chili
Tuesday-Traditional Spaghetti and meatballs but the spaghetti will be my ONLY carb for the day.
Wednesday-Grilled Chicken breasts, Baked Potato, and Steamed Broccoli (I have to remember to choose potatoes for Lauren and I that are very small)
Thursday-Pulled Pork Sandwiches, steamed Broccoli, and McCain's Smiles for them (cucumber slices for me)
Friday, Salsa Chicken, Baked Potato leftovers, and a HUGE salad.

Breakfasts, we are having scrambled Eggs and egg beaters, Lunches I am working on, but thats my big struggle right now healthy lunches and snacks.

I was hoping to skip the store til the end of this week, but it looks like I will need to get a couple tomatoes and a Large Onion.
I will also have to be VERY mindful of serving sizes on the carbs, but giving them up altogether will be very hard for me, so I will just watch them, I have already lost weight by cutting back on my meds, and I haven't noticed a difference in the way I am healing either.

For more great Menus check Organizing Junkie.

No comments: