Living Within the Means God has Provided for you.

I have been a stay at home mom since 2003, although living on one fairly small income has been challenging, God has always provided for our family. With a Gross income of aproximately $20,000 we own our own home, actually have two running vehicles and want for very little. Lots of people complain about not having enough money to pay their bills. I have a hard time understanding why. On a monthly basis, we make a mere $1, 356, I had no clue til recently how low that really was. Its funny, but being Poor is more of a mentality than an actuality for most of us.

Monday, May 5, 2008

Menu Plan Monday #1



This week I have to plan more than ever, its crunch time and I have to do a pantry challenge since the only thing I plan on buying before Friday is Toilet Paper (with a coupon its only going to be $2.47 for a 24 pk)

Cinco de Mayo
Chicken Fajitas with Pintos and Rice

Tuesday
Burrito Casserole (since dh can have it ready when I get home) with leftover rice.

Wednesday
BBQ Ribs in the crockpot, Steamed Broccoli, and twice baked potatoes from the freezer

Thursday
Butterfly Pasta with Alfredo Sauce and Shrimp, and more steamed broccoli

Friday
Tacos with all the fixings and Beans and Rice

Saturday and Sunday, I haven't a clue because I finally get to go shopping....I need to really work at planning ahead better, but since we aer going to be changing our diet around, that's becoming such a challenge.

Lunches are leftovers and Sandwiches, Breakfasts is Oatmeal, Cold Cereal, and Eggs and Toast

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is amazing that is all you will spend all week on shopping! Menu planning gets eaiser the more you do it.

Wifey said...

Yummy menu! I'm doing a pantry challenge this week, too. Have a great week!

B. said...

Welcome to MPM. I love using what it is in your pantry and making it strech- so frugal and clever.