Living Within the Means God has Provided for you.

I have been a stay at home mom since 2003, although living on one fairly small income has been challenging, God has always provided for our family. With a Gross income of aproximately $20,000 we own our own home, actually have two running vehicles and want for very little. Lots of people complain about not having enough money to pay their bills. I have a hard time understanding why. On a monthly basis, we make a mere $1, 356, I had no clue til recently how low that really was. Its funny, but being Poor is more of a mentality than an actuality for most of us.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Menu planning?

Ok, Please tell me I am not alone here..
I do a good job of planning our menus I have been doing this for a long time now, just started posting them in hopes it would make them easier to follow.

Our Chicken Chili, we had on Tuesday, DH wanted to go out on Monday. Wednesday we ended up going out as well because we were out at dinner time. Tonight, I have spaghetti sauce in the crock pot, and will boil the spaghetti when I get home from therapy.

Why oh why is it SO hard to actually follow a meal plan. Lunches have been even harder, yesterday nothing looked good at all so I just had a bowl of cereal, Monday and Tuesday we killed off a package of corn dogs, no they aren't good for you, but they tasted good.

Tomorrow, we will likely try for the chicken that was planned, but it drives me nuts that I can plan a menu and someone (usually the BIG kid) complains aboiut it and we end up going out or not eating it for something else.
I am determined whe I finish therapy, we are going to go ONE whole week without going out at all. I know a lot of it right now is my fault because of Tuesdays and Thursdays I am just tired when I get home, but there is no excuse the rest of the week.

No comments: