Living Within the Means God has Provided for you.

I have been a stay at home mom since 2003, although living on one fairly small income has been challenging, God has always provided for our family. With a Gross income of aproximately $20,000 we own our own home, actually have two running vehicles and want for very little. Lots of people complain about not having enough money to pay their bills. I have a hard time understanding why. On a monthly basis, we make a mere $1, 356, I had no clue til recently how low that really was. Its funny, but being Poor is more of a mentality than an actuality for most of us.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Job Hunt

Over the past month, I have been back on the job hunt....I know we COULD make it on one income, but we really need 1 1/2 to make things more uhm, whats the word I am looking for? Uhm, this will work, LIVABLE.

With gas prices rising, we need more income coming in, less going out doesn't seem to be happening really well, not with EVERYTHING going up.

I have put in more than 20 job applications across the board. Mostly in the field I am going into in school....I am claiming that I will have a job soon. VERY SOON.
God is the provider, and we need him to provide two jobs, I need a full time job and Chris needs a part time job CLOSE to home.

Why do I want to work full time and want him part time? That's easy, I need something to keep my mind off of my pain and keep me busy, He can handle homeschooling Lauren much easier (he proved it last week when he had her, she doesn't fight him the same way she does me) and he is a better father when he is around her more....also, and here is the BIGGEST reason I want him working only part time and me full....I need him happy, he has been miserable in his job since he started, its a long drive and that stresses him out, he hasn't gotten a raise, but rather pay cut after pay cut and responsibilities keep increasing....overall, I need him to be here for us, and that job is killing him.

He has applied at a local grocery store for full time, and I am hoping he gets in there, its 5 minutes from home, good benefits, good hours, and good perks...I know, I used to work for the company....I only quit because I wanted to be a stay at home mom, now I am ready to return to work, but with my leg I have to fight to get a job....who wants someone who can't stand?

I know this isn't one of those overly frugal posts, but at the same time, part of being frugal is knowing when its time to make changes to make things work.

No comments: