Living Within the Means God has Provided for you.

I have been a stay at home mom since 2003, although living on one fairly small income has been challenging, God has always provided for our family. With a Gross income of aproximately $20,000 we own our own home, actually have two running vehicles and want for very little. Lots of people complain about not having enough money to pay their bills. I have a hard time understanding why. On a monthly basis, we make a mere $1, 356, I had no clue til recently how low that really was. Its funny, but being Poor is more of a mentality than an actuality for most of us.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

New set of goals

Well, frugality became more of a necessity rather than a fun challenge this last month.

It was much harder without any room for error. It didn't always work, and my family now is far from fond of Chicken as that's what I had a large stock of on hand.

Did you know that 8 pounds of chicken will last about 4 weeks even if had for almost every dinner?

I get my chicken breasts on sale from Meijer for 14.98 for 8pounds, 4 pound bags b1g1 free.


We finally were able to restock the fridge and freezer, I still need a few things, but its a lot better than ALL chicken, lol.

We now have 3 pounds of hot dogs, 3 pounds of Bratwurst, a refill of the 8 pounds of chicken, 3 pounds of sausage, and I need to go get ground beef and some more basic staples, we were even out of those....I was never so grateful for a 2lb block of Velveeta cheese this last month, while I am not a huge fan of Macaroni and cheese, or macaroni period for that matter...the month of August saw lots of Macaroni and cheese, I made 3 batches of homemade with that block of Velveeta, I made 3 batches of Macaroni Tuna salad as well, its a nice food for summer when its hot, but now that the weather is cooling, the recipes will become more appealing again. I hate to cook in the summer, nothing tastes quite right.

We will be forming a monthly menu with cost analysis.
Three meals per day, 7 days per week, my goal, $125 per month.
Can I do it? Hmm, We shall see, but I am excited to try.

No comments: