Living Within the Means God has Provided for you.

I have been a stay at home mom since 2003, although living on one fairly small income has been challenging, God has always provided for our family. With a Gross income of aproximately $20,000 we own our own home, actually have two running vehicles and want for very little. Lots of people complain about not having enough money to pay their bills. I have a hard time understanding why. On a monthly basis, we make a mere $1, 356, I had no clue til recently how low that really was. Its funny, but being Poor is more of a mentality than an actuality for most of us.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lets get started Menus

This week, Well we are starting today because I goofed yesterday and only DH had dinner, Lauren and I ate a VERY late lunch so we werent hungry. We also finished our shopping....now I spent a lot to stock, but remember, the grand total spent in August was less than $30 since our foodstamps got screwed up.
Due to my workers mess up, we had $375 to cover August and September.

Now before We get started, we get $165 per month, I know lots do not wish to apply but I want to run our budget through so people know what we have coming in and going out and why I am back in school and looking for a job.

Cheap meals can be quite varried without being stressful on the family.
My family does not like the same things regularly. We can not do a Monday through Sunday Menu and use the same basic menu week in week out, they would rebel.

This week We are having Chicken Cordon Bleu, Corn on the Cob and baked Potatoes
Chicken 1.88
Corn .51
Potatoes.50
Ham slices .50
Swiss Cheese .38
3.77

Baked Rotini and Garlic Green beans
Rotini Noodles .40
spaghetti sauce .98
Meatballs 1.31
Mozarella .56
Green Beans in Garlic Butter .50
3.67

Pork Chops with apple sauce and Broccoli
Pork Chops 1.99
Apple Sauce .50
Broccoli in Lemon butter sauce .50
2.99

Crab Alfredo with Broccoli and Carrots in the sauce
Broccoli and Carrots .50
Alfredo Sauce Packet .50
Crab .90
Fettuccine .40
Milk .10 for half cup
2.40

Pizza
Crust mix .44
Sauce .49
Mozzarella .56
Mushrooms .50
Pepperoni .49
Chopped pepper and onion .13
2.37

for 15.20 I have 5 dinners, some of those dinners will have leftovers for lunch, most will not.
Can we keep lunch and breakfast to under 9.80 per week, I am pretty sure we can, I will attempt to make english muffin bread this weekend and give it the ultimate test.

No comments: