Living Within the Means God has Provided for you.

I have been a stay at home mom since 2003, although living on one fairly small income has been challenging, God has always provided for our family. With a Gross income of aproximately $20,000 we own our own home, actually have two running vehicles and want for very little. Lots of people complain about not having enough money to pay their bills. I have a hard time understanding why. On a monthly basis, we make a mere $1, 356, I had no clue til recently how low that really was. Its funny, but being Poor is more of a mentality than an actuality for most of us.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Clutter and Money

What do these two have in common? Clutter costs me money all the time. I can't find this, so I replace it, only to have two when the other one shows up. It keeps me out of the kitchen and out of the house where it becomes increadibly easy to spend more money trying to get things organized.

Why do these things drive us so crazy? I am not sure the answer to that, but I am on the path to decluttering my house, making sure everything has a home and getting my daughter trained to not go through what I have.

Clutter is very costly. I know too well...Oh I don't have any clean dishes, lets go out to eat....or I can't find any socks (not that I didn't just buy 10 pair 3 months ago) so lets go buy a new package....or bills are late because the checkbook got burried under the clutter on the desk, late fees.

I was really blessed earlier this week to learn of The Colossal Clutter Clean up, we are going to work through this, my daughter and I, not only is it going to help our house, but our hearts, Amy has many printable to help us, and I am excited about not only getting my house in order, but also training my daughter to not follow in my path and make those same mistakes I have made in cleaning She also helps with the true issues of clutter, the Heart issues. Its a total blessing to see this, and so encouraging as well.

No comments: