Living Within the Means God has Provided for you.

I have been a stay at home mom since 2003, although living on one fairly small income has been challenging, God has always provided for our family. With a Gross income of aproximately $20,000 we own our own home, actually have two running vehicles and want for very little. Lots of people complain about not having enough money to pay their bills. I have a hard time understanding why. On a monthly basis, we make a mere $1, 356, I had no clue til recently how low that really was. Its funny, but being Poor is more of a mentality than an actuality for most of us.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Groceries on a Budget

Yesterday I went to Meijer, I spent about $50 and came home with 8 bags of groceries. I thought prices were going up.

Yes, its true, prices are ever increasing, however, that does not mean you have to spend alot.
My receipt shows that I spent $55.25 now that includes more than just groceries as I am working on a Baby shower gift for my sister in law as well, and my kitty wanted treats.

They have their buy 10, get the 11th item free. I bought baby carrots, mushrooms, spray butter, 3 jars of Ragu (I even had a coupon to get 50 cents off two, doubled, means one of those jars was free) 2 stuffed sandwiches (Meijer Brand Hot pockets), 4 rolls of Crescent roll dough, 2 Oscar Mayer Wieners, 3 Aunt Millies buns, Lenders bagels, lobster chunks, and Chicken patties, Our grand total for those Dollar deals was $20
After my dollar deals, I got a gallon of milk, $2.77, 6 cans of spaghetti o's, $3 (coupon item 40 cents off 3 doubled), 12 Dannon yogurt pots, $4.80, (coupon $1 off), 10 packets Chipped Lunch meats for DH's Lunch (5 varieties, so he doesn't get bored) $4, 8lbs baking potatoes, $2.50, and Flash Frozen Boneless Skinless chicken Tenders, 8lbs or 14.98 (2 4lb bags B1G1 Free)
The cat treats were $2.39 and 1.69 if I bought both I got the cheaper ones for free with a coupon. For my sister in law, I got a Teether, a Rattle, and a Hat/Socks package for my nephew...those cost almost $9.

All the coupons, bottle slips (from before we gave up pop) We did pretty good. Now if Only I could get the CVS or Walgreens Register rewards to work that well for me, but I rarely get that great of sales.

No comments: