Living Within the Means God has Provided for you.

I have been a stay at home mom since 2003, although living on one fairly small income has been challenging, God has always provided for our family. With a Gross income of aproximately $20,000 we own our own home, actually have two running vehicles and want for very little. Lots of people complain about not having enough money to pay their bills. I have a hard time understanding why. On a monthly basis, we make a mere $1, 356, I had no clue til recently how low that really was. Its funny, but being Poor is more of a mentality than an actuality for most of us.

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Medical Expenses

Its only the 3rd day of 2008 and we are preparing for a major expense in our house, although anticipated, we were not expecting such a high lay out right off the bat. See, our insurance deductible doubled, so the surgery I am scheduled for on February 1st will be a cash outlay of probably $2500.

Now, for surgery that does not seem unreasonable, except when you add in the fact that, Dh will not want to cook, and I will not be able to lift much so, how do we keep our bills in check?

Here's to the wonderful book I ordered this past fall, Don't Panic, Dinner's In the Freezer.
Through out the month of January, I will be making meals ahead of time that my darling can merely stick in the oven or preferably the toaster oven.

The meals I chose out of the book are meals we have tried, I will make multiples of all so that the entire month of February should be pretty close to covered.
We will have Chicken Tortilla Soup, Chicken Enchiladas, Beef Chimichangas and Stuffed Manicotti.
I will also make French bread Pizzas, Spaghetti and Meatballs, Burrito Casserole, and Roast Chicken breast with Twice baked potatoes. All items I know my family likes, and easy to prepare.
Making 4 batches of each item will net us one meal of each this month, and 3 to be used when it may not be easy for me to do them.

The toaster Oven and small batches are my friends.

No comments: