Living Within the Means God has Provided for you.

I have been a stay at home mom since 2003, although living on one fairly small income has been challenging, God has always provided for our family. With a Gross income of aproximately $20,000 we own our own home, actually have two running vehicles and want for very little. Lots of people complain about not having enough money to pay their bills. I have a hard time understanding why. On a monthly basis, we make a mere $1, 356, I had no clue til recently how low that really was. Its funny, but being Poor is more of a mentality than an actuality for most of us.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Crunchy Cookies

Lands End sells these really amazing cookies for $20 for 1lb. To me that is a ridiculous amount to spend on cookies or almost anything else for that matter.

I use Nabisco Famous Wafers (chocolate wafer cookies in a yellow package, sold in our Kroger near the ice cream cones) for $3.99 for 40 cookies, I dip these in white chocolate, a half a pound of chocolate goes a LONG way. and add pulverized candy canes to the top, or other varieties of sprinkles.

A pound of MY crunchy cookies cost a mere $6 and would be less if I ordered the cookies in bulk or found them on sale, the chocolate cost me 1.79 for 1 lb, so 89 cents, the candy canes, I use the mini ones, cost 1.50 and I use half the package so they are 75 cents. $5.63 divided by at least 3 people who I give these out to (40 cookies is too much for any one family especially when used as part of a NO Bake Cookie tray) I package them on plates with Reynolds wrap so altogether this recipe costs me $1.87 per family.

Three other cookie recipes complete the tray and I have never seen anyone unhappy.

No comments: