Living Within the Means God has Provided for you.

I have been a stay at home mom since 2003, although living on one fairly small income has been challenging, God has always provided for our family. With a Gross income of aproximately $20,000 we own our own home, actually have two running vehicles and want for very little. Lots of people complain about not having enough money to pay their bills. I have a hard time understanding why. On a monthly basis, we make a mere $1, 356, I had no clue til recently how low that really was. Its funny, but being Poor is more of a mentality than an actuality for most of us.

Monday, December 24, 2007

New Years Resolution?

Ok, Technically its not a NEW resolution, its one I have been working on for MANY years, My goals for 2008 are to become more financially stable.
I recently joined Frugalvillage.com and was really encouraged by some of their challenges to stay within budget.
My Budget for 2008?
$70 monthly for gas
$200 monthly for groceries
$103 Phone, Internet and Cable
$752.54 Mortgage (this includes a little extra towards principle every month)
$165 Utilities (Gas, Electric, and Water) l
$145 Car Insurance, I hope its lower than that, but I wont know for at least a month but we do know its going down from its $182 mark as we will only be insuring one vehicle this year.
Our tax refund covers our Property Taxes and House Insurance for the year.

My goal is to keep tabs on where the bills go and to make sure all extra income is going towards something useful. And to get the untilities down a bit, hopefully we will also be able to refinance the house in the springtime.

No comments: