Living Within the Means God has Provided for you.

I have been a stay at home mom since 2003, although living on one fairly small income has been challenging, God has always provided for our family. With a Gross income of aproximately $20,000 we own our own home, actually have two running vehicles and want for very little. Lots of people complain about not having enough money to pay their bills. I have a hard time understanding why. On a monthly basis, we make a mere $1, 356, I had no clue til recently how low that really was. Its funny, but being Poor is more of a mentality than an actuality for most of us.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

I got a New Toy

Ok, so its just a piece of bake ware, but its a toy to me.
I have had the worst luck with homemade pizza. It's a favorite dish around here, DH and Bug absolutely adore pizza, I think the only thing dh likes more is Mexican.

Well, I have a few different crust recipes, but no matter how I rolled it, tossed it, or stretched it, my poor cookie sheet just was not a good pizza pan. With the gift card from my in laws, a trip to Meijer (not a smart idea, it was a mad house) and 14.99 gone, I got a HUGE baking stone. Not only will it come in handy for pizza, but also french bread, cookies, and odd shaped breads.

I plan on learning how to make things like pita bread this year and enjoying my stone a lot.

Being frugal, does not mean being cheap, quality things get more use because you are not tossing things that got ruined.
My baking pans are old and not very good (the best one though, is the OLDEST one inherited from my grandmother, back then they actually made things to last)

No comments: